"Thanking God helps us to see Him more clearly in our lives!"
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
- Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee, How great Thou art, how great Thou art.
.......is my shepherd,
- Gentle Shepherd, come and lead us. For we need You to help us find our way.....
- Shepherd of love, You knew I had lost my way. Shepherd of love, You cared that I'd gone astray...
I shall not be in want.
- I need Thee ev'ry hour, Most gracious Lord.....I need Thee, O, I need Thee. Every hour I need Thee! O bless me now, my savior, I come to Thee.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
- Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father. There is no shadow of turning with Thee; Thou changest not, Thy compassions they fail not; As Thou hast been Thou forever will be.
he leads me beside quiet waters,
- He leadeth me, He leadeth me, By His own hand He leadeth me. His faithful follower I would be, For by His hand He leadeth me.
.....he restores my soul.
- When peace like a river attendeth my way, When sorrows like sea billows roll, What ever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say, "It is well, it is well with my soul."
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
- Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah, Pilgrims through this barren land. I am weak, but Thou art mighty, Hold me with Thy powerful hand......
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
- Precious Lord, take my hand, Lead me on, help me stand, I am tired, I am weak, I am worn; Through the storm, through the night, Lead me on to the light....Take my hand, precious Lord, lead me home!
I will fear no evil for you are with me;
- Our Father, which art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name, Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is, in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive our debts as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, For Thine is the Kingdom, and the Power and the Glory forever.
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
- Under His wings, I am safely abiding. Though the night deepens and tempests are wild. Still I can trust Him, I know He will keep; me. He has redeemed me and I am His child.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
- He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock - That shadows a dry, thirsty land. He hideth my life in the depths of His love, And covers me there with His hand, and covers me there with His hand.
You anoint my head with oil;
- Grace, grace, God's grace; Grace that will pardon and cleanse within. Grace, grace, God's grace. Grace that is greater than all our sin.
......my cup overflows.
- Fill my cup, Lord - I lift it up, Lord! Come and quench this thirsting of my soul. Bread of heaven, feed me til I want no more...Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
- There's a sweet, sweet Spirit in this place, And I know that it's the Spirit of the Lord....Sweet Holy Spirit, Sweet heavenly Dove. Stay right here with us. Filling us with Your love. And for these blessings We lift our hearts in praise: Without a doubt we'll know that we have been revived, When we shall leave this place.
.....and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
- Beyond the sunset, O blissful morning, When with our Savior heaven is begun. Earth's toiling ended, O glorious dawning, Beyond the sunset, when day is done.
- In the sweet by and by, We shall meet on that beautiful shore; In the sweet by and by, We shall meet on that beautiful shore.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Wednesday, November 04, 2009
Growing up during the Great Depression could have been frightening. My world, as a child, centered in a small house, one living room, one bedroom and one kitchen/dining area. If you stood at the front door, you could see through to the back door. When my little brother, Gene, was born, Dad made a trundle bed that fit underneath Dad and Mom's bed for Jim and me that was pulled out each night as part of the bedtime routine.
- When the Grandparents Leppke decided to leave for America, their friend and neighbors tried to discourage them with tales of crossing the Mississippi River that Indians would rob them, burn their homes and possibly scalp them. Grandfather Leppke said that God protected Daniel in the lion's den, and He could protect them as well.
- Jacob Loewen was born in Russia on October 5, 1844 and grew to manhood on the Ukrainian steppes. When their religious and political freedoms were threatened, he, his parents, two sisters and three brothers plus a host of Mennonite friends and relatives migrated to America in 1874, settling in Marion County, Kansas.
- Jacob Suderman was born December 28, 1841 in Ladekopp, Molotschna Colony, Russia. His father died soon after he was born, leaving his mother to raise six children. He married Aganetha Wiens November 27, 1862. Aganetha's family migrated from West Prussia to the Molotschna Colony. In 1870, the Mennonites lost their military exemption in Russia. In 1878, according to information from a Santa Fe Railroad brochure, they knew they must leave. Major expenses were ship passage, train fares, and $80 per family. They left on the long trip to America in 1878 with their five children.
- Jacob Siemens II, born in West Prussia, 26 December 1795, died in Kansas, September 28, 1881, after living in America for seven years. He came to this country, via Russia. The passenger list included Jacob Siemens II - 79 years, Jacob Siemens II - 49 years, Wife Elisabeth - age 45 years, Jacob Siemens IV - 25 years and wife Anna - 20 years and infant daughter. Anna Siemens - 22 years, Elisabeth Siemens - 19 years, Johan Siemens - 16 years, Abraham Siemens - 14 years, David - 11 years, Agatha Siemens - 4 years, and Heinrich Siemens - 1 year.
- Emilie Brunn was born in Norka, Saratov Russia, in 1867. When she was 16 she came to this country, leaving her parents (1883). She worked for her sister in America for 5 years to pay for the passage ticket. She never learned English but always spoke low German/Dutch. We loved to talk in our own languages and were able to comprehend the meanings. A small woman, with big brown eyes, black hair combed into a bun on the back of her head, who later married Jacob Siemens V, and bore six children.
He is King of Kings
He is mighty God
Lord of everything
He's the great "I AM"
He's my Prince of Peace
Who is the Lamb
He's the living God
He's my saving grace
He will reign forever
He is ancient of days
He's the Alpha, Omega, Beginning and End
He's my Savior, Messiah, Redeemer, and friend
He's my Prince of Peace and I will live my life for you.