- Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4
- The LORD is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1
- My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life. Psalm 119:50
- May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant. Psalm 119:76
- Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the LORD comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.
- John 6:48 - I am the bread of life. Isaiah 49:13
- Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God ; trust also in me. John 14:1
When we walk into our kitchens to prepare a meal, it can be crowded with memories of our past, our mother, our grandmothers and aunts are there with us. Food is never just food. It's also a way of getting at something else: who we are, who we have been, and who we want to be. Molly Wizenberg (2010's Homemade Life)