The time I have is only mine
Because you give it to me, Lord
As I make a list of things to do,
Please place Your hand on mine.
Between the lines,
Write those things
You would have me do.
The things I don’t even know about yet
That will make today worth living.
by Nancy Parker Brummett
- Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?
- Who marked off its dimensions?
- Who stretched a measuring line across it?
- Who shut up the sea behind doors when it burst forth from the womb?
- Have you ever given orders to the morning, or shown the dawn its place?
- Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea or walked in the recesses of the deep?
- Have the gates of death been shown to you?
- Have you seen the gates of the shadow of death?
- What is the way to the abode of light? And where does darkness reside?
- Have you entered the storehouses of the snow or seen the storehouses of the hail
- What is the way to the place where the lightning is dispersed?
- Do you send the lightning bolts on their way? Do they report to you, 'Here we are'?
- Who endowed the heart with wisdom or gave understanding to the mind?