- Our Father, who art in Heaven - Our (inclusive) Father (daddy, Abba, Yaweh), who art in heaven (the abode of God and angels) - Isaiah 64:8a Still, God, you are our Father. We're the clay and you're our potter. Psalm 7:17 -
Yours and my Abba - in Heaven so far away...Yet His Presence is all around us each day.
- Hallowed be thy Name - Hallowed (holy, sacred) be thy Name (appellation, designation) Luke 11:2 - He said to them, "When you pray, say: " 'Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come
A name above all others, Omniscient, Omnipresent...Mighty and glorious, A sweet aroma He sent.
- Thy kingdom come - Thy (your) kingdom (spiritual realm) I Corinthians - 15:24
Then the end will come, when he
hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has
destroyed all dominion, authority and power.
A kingdom so vast that the universe....can not contain it or men can disburse it.
- Thy will be done on earth - Thy will (your way, not mine) be done (completed) Luke 22:42 -
"Father, if you are willing,
take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours
A kingdom without end, We will one day see....A righteous abode where no evil will be.
- As it is in Heaven - As it is (continues to be with no cessation) in Heaven Psalm 52:9 -
I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints.
- Give us this day our daily bread - Give (to present) us this day our daily (occurs each day) bread (staff of life) Job 23:12b -
I have treasured the
words of his mouth
than my daily bread
We ask for our needs, For we know You'll provide... Even as You feed the sparrow, In You, we abide.
- And forgive us our debts - And forgive (grant remission, pardon) us our debts (offense, sin, trespass) - 2 Corinthians 2:10a - If you forgive anyone, I also forgive him.
Only in your grace, can we forgive others....Jesus' blood creates family, and we forgive our brothers.
- As we forgive our debtors - As (ongoing) we forgive our debtors (owing obligation) Colossians 3:13 - Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
- And lead us not into temptation - And lead (guide, show the way) us not into temptation (enticement, allurement) Matthew 26:41 "Watch and pray so that you will ot fall into temptation The spirit is willing but the body is weak.
Help us, Lord, to know Your will, And listen to your voice so still....Let it guide me to your side, In You let me hide.
- But deliver us from evil - But deliver (save, release) us from evil (wicked, immoral, harmful)
All about us is sin, Alluring enticement....Through Jesus' blood is forgiveness, Heaven-sent.
- For thine is the kingdom - For thine (that which belongs) is the kingdom Psalm 45:6 - Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice shall be the scepter of your kingdom.
Above all powers - your kingdom reigns.....the joy of certainty of evil slain.
- And the power and the glory forever - And the power (strength, might, authority) and the glory (honor, praise) forever(without end, eternal) -- Psalm 66:3 - Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds! So great is your power that your enemies cringe before you.
Forever more and all eternity, Is His strength and authority, We voices we raise, We give you praise.
- Amen - (So it is, truly) -- Psalm 89:52 - Praise be to the LORD forever! Amen and Amen
The angels sing and shout as they gather about....Truly we worship again and again, shouting Amen and Amen